Burgers, ye olde comfort food! We love to hold you in our hands and hyper-extend our jaws to take a bite! We love what you represent, which is good times in the good ol’ U.S. of A. To be honest, we love your buns. But we don’t love your history. The best burgers you can find today are completely plant-based and cruelty free and topped with a slice of dairy free cheese. All the nostalgia, flavor, and texture with none of the guilt! These vegan Black Bean Quinoa Burgers are no exception. They satisfy and nourish your body, mind, and soul!
Thankfully, these burgers are super simple to make. All you need are six nutritious ingredients and a few spices. They come together quickly and get crispy in the oven for just 40 minutes before they’re ready to be all dressed up and devoured.
Nutritionally speaking, you’re doing your body a favor when you consume one or two or three of these bad boys. Just one patty contains 9g of protein and 8.5g of fiber! They’re also a great source of iron, calcium, and potassium!
I chose to go classic with my burgers and topped them with organic (free of high-fructose corn syrup) ketchup, mustard, pickles, tomato, onion, and a slice of Daiya cheddar cheese. The hubs slathered his with barbecue sauce and added jalapenos. You can put anything your heart desires on these burgers, and I guarantee you won’t be mad about it. Salsa, queso, sriracha, mac ‘n cheez, pulled bbq jackfruit, avocados, fried green tomatoes, bell peppers, spicy peanut sauce, just do it! And for the love of all things holy, take a photo, tag us, and use #twocityvegans so we can bask in the glory of your creation. Seriously, do it!
Thank you so much for reading this post! I genuinely hope that you loved it and that you love these Black Bean Quinoa Burgers and that they make your life just a little bit easier, happier, and brighter!
Peace and Love,
SOME THINGS YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS RECIPE
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 2 Tbsp whole chia seeds
- ½ cup almond meal or ground almonds
- ½ cup minced red onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1-2 tsp salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix the chia seeds in a small bowl with 5 Tbsp of water and set aside to thicken for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans to a large mixing bowl and mash thoroughly with a fork or masher until no whole beans remain. Add remaining ingredients including thickened chia mixture and mix well. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Divide mixture into eight equal portions and form each into a ½ inch thick patty on a lightly greased baking pan. Bake for approximately 40 minutes. If you like your burgers on the softer side, bake a little less than 40 minutes. The longer you bake them, the crispier they will become.