When I made these easy pizza rolls, I had no idea that today was National Pizza Day! I made these last Sunday after remembering I had a some pizza dough from Trader Joe’s that is accidentally vegan! I didn’t want to make a pizza because that is expected. I toyed with doing some flatbread, but I suddenly remembered those delicious (and perhaps disgusting) Pizza Rolls that are frozen. This is the grown up version. Prepare to have your taste buds wowed! With just 4 ingredients, these guys are ready in under 30 minutes!
Pizza, pizza, pizza!
These guys are really simple. They include FOUR ingredients:
That’s it. Throw in some garlic if you want or add some non-dairy cheese on top, but these guys are full of flavor with the four ingredients above. It’s an easy dish to make that’s perfect for parties, Netflix marathons (I love to marathon X-Files, Gilmore Girls, and Parks and Rec!), or a dinner! When my husband came home, he promptly ate the remaining pizza rolls and topped them with some of Follow Your Heart’s Gouda! They were even better with that melting on the tops of the pizza rolls! You could also try baking it with some shredded non-dairy cheese on top.
If you loved this post or have any questions please feel free to leave a comment in the box below! You can also hit us up on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest! If you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag us in your photo and use #twocityvegans !
- 1 package of premade pizza dough (I like Trader Joe's brand!)
- ¼ cup sliced or chopped olives
- ⅓ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Mix together the olives, tomatoes, and sauce.
- Roll out dough onto a flat surface like a pizza pan, using flour to prevent it from sticking together, until it's approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Use a rolling pizza cutter to cut the dough into pieces that are about 2 inches long and a 1½ inch wide.
- Place a small amount, maybe a little more than a teaspoon, of the filling in the middle of the pieces and fold it closed, pinching tightly to close the edges.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Puree or blend the remaining filling and use it as a dip!