I’ve probably talked about how much I love peanut butter here. I mean, we have several peanut butter inspired recipes on Two City Vegans already. From smoothies to cheesecake to energy bars – peanut butter can come in a variety of forms. Today, you’re getting it in the form of a PB and J Pie! Yes, we’ve taken that simple kid’s classic and turned it into an easy dessert that is made with fairly wholesome ingredients but takes like nothing but decadence. I used canned coconut cream that set in the fridge overnight, upside down. This allows it to separate and the cream to solidify, and then add in some sugar, peanut butter, and jam and use a hand mixer and whip it all up. The crust is also easy. I’ve always been a little afraid of making my own crust, but this was super easy! 😀
I had a lovely Thanksgiving with close friends. I had actually gotten really sick the day before, and that sucked a lot. I was vomiting, and had to miss work, but I got a lot of rest and made green bean casserole from The Minimalist Baker, pecan pie, and Zach made a dressing to go with our Field Roast En Croute. We got to spend time with Marcy and Alice and our dear friend Laure of One Girl, Two Cities. They are all such wonderful, strong women and I am glad I got to see them for the holiday. My only regret is I didn’t bring this PB and J Pie. What did you do and eat?
Share our recipes and posts on your social media and share the vegan food love. Let’s show the world how delicious vegan food is! <3
Also, you can say hello and chat with us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! We have recently started posting what we eat in a day on our Instagram Stories, so make sure you follow us over there.
If you make our recipes, take a photo, tag us, and use #twocityvegans so we can drool over your pics. Seriously, do it! You may see yourself in our newsletter, which you should sign up for here!
Pin Our PB and J Pie
- 1 can coconut cream, refrigerated overnight upside down
- 4 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 heaping tablespoons raspberry jam
- 3 tbsp organic sugar
- 10-15 chocolate creme cookies
- ⅓ cup vegan butter, melted
- Make the crust first by adding the cookies to a food processor with the melted butter and blitzing until a fine grain.
- Line a pie pan with parchment paper, and press the cookie mixture into a pie pan and let it set in freezer until the filling is done.
- For the filling, open the coconut cream can upside down, pour out the liquid and scoop out the thick cream into a large bowl.
- Use a hand mixer to blend together the cream, peanut butter, jam, and sugar together until light, and airy.
- Pour onto the crust and even out the filling and freeze overnight or at least for 4 hours or overnight