Goodbye, 2016! It was a good year for us. Last year we did a post all about our first year blogging, and we thought we’d do that again and also share our top 10 most viewed recipes! This year has been pretty incredible on the blogging side of things. We’ve really grown as a blog, and Alix and I are getting into a groove of doing posts together – she creates and writes the post, and I recipe test, photograph, and do the social media. It can be challenging living 1000 miles apart, but we’re making it work! We also appreciate those of you who read the blog, make our recipes, and follow our journey. It means so much to us, and we really love hearing from you. Thank you for being a part of our 2016!
What we did in 2016
- We grew a lot on our blog (about 6x the views as our first year!)
- We worked with brands like gardein and GOODFOODS
- We made carrot dogs that caused quite the stir
- We traversed through New York City together and made a video of all we ate
- We delivered recipes to our fabulous readers (mostly) consistently on Tuesdays and Fridays
What’s Coming in 2017
- Hopefully VIDEO on Youtube from me (Casey) and my husband + live video on Facebook and/or Instagram. Think: taste tests, recipes, reviews, and more!
- More authentic posts. I struggle with post writings at times because I think I am afraid to be me, but 2017 will be all about getting over that and letting you know what’s bothering me or us and being authentically real.
- Travel more! We are hoping to visit Colorado or the east coast this year and vlog/blog to share our experiences!
Our Top 10 Most Popular Recipes in 2016
- Carrot Hot Dogs
Our most popular recipe surprised me a bit, then I remembered the controversy it started after being shared on Finding Vegan’s Facebook page.
- Pizza Rolls
These pizza rolls are so good. Zach taught a class on how to make them at Whole Foods where he works and they were a hit!
- Golden Turmeric SmoothieMaybe one of my favorite recipes this year because it’s so darn pretty.
- Golden Biscuits and Gravy
Two golden recipes in a row! This was shared by the Finding Vegan Facebook page, and it is also a recipe that’s not by me or Alix – it’s by my husband, Zach!
- Crabless Crab Dip with Gardein
This was our first big sponsored post with a brand, and it was so much fun to work with one that we love and use so much!
- Black Bean Quinoa Burgers
These bad boys (or girls) scream MAKE ME NOW, and that’s likely why they fall in our top 10 of the year!
- Carrot Cake Cookies
These were probably one of our most pinned recipes recipes on Pinterest and with good reason – they are so tasty!
- Bright Beet Donuts
Our bright beet donuts are classically iced and colored with beets!
- Easy Lemon Cake
Everyone loves cake, and our lemon cake just made the top 10 for 2016!
- Vegan Meatloaf Savory, easy, and comforting all at once.
Our Two Favorite Recipes
Alix’s Favorite: Spring Cleaning Green Smoothie
My favorite recipe I posted this year would have to be my Spring Cleaning Green Smoothie. Smoothies are literally my favorite food. They have everything you need to start your day with a nutritional BANG! in one smooth and fruity glass. If you haven’t yet tried making smoothies for yourself, I highly recommend that you make this recipe ASAP. You will be deliciously surprised at how the flavors of mint, lime, and mango make you forget how supremely healthy this green smoothie is!
Casey’s Favorite: PB and J Pie
I love PB and J. If you’re a friend, you know my obsession with peanut butter is unhealthy and horribly wonderful. PB and J is the greatest [comfort] food in the history of the world, and this pie is that in dessert form. Your body will tingle with excitement at every bite. The swirl of jam in it adds the perfect amount of tartness and the coconut cream makes it so very dreamy.
Let us know your favorite thing about 2016? What was a favorite recipe you made? A blogger you love? A film you saw?
We would love it if you share our recipes and posts on your social media so everyone can see the vegan food love. Let’s show the world how delicious vegan food is! <3 If you make our recipes, take a photo, tag us, and use #twocityvegans so we can drool over your pics. Seriously, do it! You may see yourself in our newsletter, which you should sign up for here!
Also, you can say hello and chat with us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! We have recently started posting what we eat in a day on our Instagram Stories, so make sure you follow us over there.