Happy holidays, friends! Finally getting around to making another holiday recipe for you all! This time we’re leaving Santa some Hot Cocoa Cookies! These are sweet, soft on the inside, with a crisp edge, and are perfect for the holiday season. Santa would be so very happy to get these are a long night of present giving and reindeer flying. He told me so! Serve these babies up with some almond milk or some hot cocoa, and he and you will be set! Don’t forge to leave a treat out for his reindeers! I remember growing up and once someone stood in our yard at night around Christmas time and held a red light and told me that Rudolph was outside on our lawn, and I was so excited! That is one of my favorite memories as a kid from this time of year! What are some of yours? 🙂
Pin Our Hot Cocoa Cookies
Share our recipes and posts on your social media and share the vegan food love. Let’s show the world how delicious vegan food is! <3
Also, you can say hello and chat with us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! We have recently started posting what we eat in a day on our Instagram Stories, so make sure you follow us over there.
If you make our recipes, take a photo, tag us, and use #twocityvegans so we can drool over your pics. Seriously, do it! You may see yourself in our newsletter, which you should sign up for here!
- 1¼ cup self rising flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ cup hot cocoa mix
- ½ c vegan vegan butter
- 6 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Add butter and wet ingredients and mix with hand mixer on low until combined.
- Place the dough onto parchment paper and shape roll it up so it forms into a long log.
- Freeze the dough for thirty minutes and then slice into half inch thick pieces.
- Place the dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 14 minutes - they will be brown around the edges.
- Let them cool, using a wire rack if available.