These guys are so good. I won’t gab too much on here, but I shared them with friends at work and friends who were over for dinner and everyone loved them. They are covered in an icing that is like a thin peppermint bark. It’s melt in your mouth, minty, divine chocolate with candy cane pieces throughout. Plus, it’s made out of cocoa powder, coconut oil, Beefree Honee, and peppermint! Beefree Honee is an awesome honey substitute made completely out of apples and it’s made here in Minnesota! Coconut oil, I am positive, is magic. It is incredible how it goes from this syrupy deliciousness to this perfect, crunchy chocolate bark when frozen. It is like the chocolate magic shell you put on ice cream as a kid. It’s even better here on these peppermint brownies. It might be my favorite thing I have made lately!
The brownies are moist and rich and perfect paired with a glass of plant-based milk. I modified my brownie recipe from here and made it even more simple so you really have no excuse for it. I also took out the banana and instead opted for the still awesome but less imposing flax egg.
A Perfect Pair
I paired it with a glass of soy milk with a peppermint stick in it. The peppermint stick makes the milk minty and cooler tasting. It’s a fun experience you should try. Especially with these peppermint brownies.
Pin Our Perfect Peppermint Brownies
Share our recipes and posts on your social media and share the vegan food love. Let’s show the world how delicious vegan food is! <3
Also, you can say hello and chat with us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! We have recently started posting what we eat in a day on our Instagram Stories, so make sure you follow us over there.
If you make our recipes, take a photo, tag us, and use #twocityvegans so we can drool over your pics. Seriously, do it! You may see yourself in our newsletter, which you should sign up for here!
- 1 cup flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup + 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup + 4 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1½ cup water + more as needed
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 flax eggs
- 1 crushed candy cane
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil + more as needed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or Bee Free Honee + more per your taste
- 4 drops of peppermint essential oil
- For the brownies
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Add all dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and combine throughly.
- Add wet ingredients and mix with a hand mixer or stand mixer into well combined.
- Pour into a greased/oiled 9x9 baking pan or non-oiled silicon pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a knife/toothpick comes out clean in the middle.
- Let them set to cool while you make the icing.
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix with a spoon or rubber spatula.
- I ended up using more coconut oil to get it to the consistency I wanted and to counteract the cocoa powder.
- Mix the suggested amounts and add more coconut oil so that the consistency is liquidy enough to pour over the brownies.
- When made, pour the icing over the top of the brownies and place the pan into the freezer for 30 minutes so the icing hardens.