Oh, healthy eating. You become the vow of so many come January and are often quickly set aside in favor of sweet treats and indulgent meals or a night out on the town with friends. We all do it, don’t deny it, and it’s okay to not stick with things. It happens. I wanted to create a healthy recipe (that is quite the opposite from my usually indulgent dessert recipes) and thus this recipe was born. We have finally ventured into the world of Buddha Bowls and I must say our Teriyaki Sweet Potato and Peanut Bowl is so very satisfying!
This recipe makes one really large bowl or two medium sized bowls. I would also just go ahead and roast extra potatoes because why not? It doesn’t hurt to have them in the fridge to help throw together an easy lunch or dinner. I used my extras in a wrap, which was oh so good! You could also roast beets, carrots, or celery, too to just have on hand for the week! Bowls are so wonderful because they offer so many different ways to eat.
Also, ONE week from today I am visiting Alix. I haven’t seen her since our NYC Trip, and I can’t wait to see her. We are gonna make yummy food, hang out, go on adventures, maybe take a day trip to Nashville, and more. We’ll likely even hang out on Facebook Live! I am also seeing my family who I miss so much.
Pin Our Teriyaki Sweet Potato and Peanut Bowl
We would love it if you share our recipes and posts on your social media so everyone can see the vegan food love. Let’s show the world how delicious vegan food is! <3 If you make our recipes, take a photo, tag us, and use #twocityvegans so we can drool over your pics. Seriously, do it! You may see yourself in our newsletter, which you should sign up for here!
Also, you can say hello and chat with us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! We have recently started posting what we eat in a day on our Instagram Stories, so make sure you follow us there.
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into eighths
- ½ tbsp cumin
- ½ tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tbsp paprika
- 1 large potato, cut into eighths
- ½ tbsp garlic salt
- ½ tbsp pepper
- 1 packed cup spinach, steamed
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup peanuts
- 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut the potatoes and sweet potatoes into eighths.
- Season the sweet potatoes with the cumin, nutritional yeast, and paprika by tossing them in a bowl with a little water, and roast them for 40 minutes.
- Do the same with the potatoes and other spices at the same time for 40 minutes.
- When done, turn the oven off but leave them in to keep warm.
- Rinse your lentils, and then boil them in two cups water or vegetable broth.
- Steam the spinach in shallow pan with a little bit of water on medium heat. Cover until wilted.
- Assemble your bowl how you see fit and top with peanuts and teriyaki sauce.