We’ve been gone for nearly two weeks, BUT we are back and ready to create mind blowingly delicious and simple recipes for you to make! This time we have a recipe perfect for game day parties and all vegan tailgates: Vegan Buffalo Jackfruit Dip! The Super Bowl is coming up. I for one hate football (that’s the sport played during that right?!) but everyone needs to have a good recipe on hand for a situation like this. And man oh man, is this a good one.
Enter our vegan buffalo chicken dip. It is:
- supremely tangy
- delightfully spicy
- so very creamy
- totally shareable
Dip pretzels it, spread it on bread, slather it on celery or carrots and go to town. Vegan foodies can have fun too! Impress the omnivores in your life with this.
Jackfruit is magic.
Two City Vegans: Reunited!
Alix and I spent last Thursday to Monday together, and it was glorious. It is so hard living so far away from your best friend, but when you do see them you make a list of things to do, and never finish them because there is always so much in the world to explore and never enough time. We have been friends since we were 14. I am 26 and Alix just turned 27. So roughly half our lives we’ve been sharing a brain, as we call it. During my visit we:
- ate a lot of glorious, plant based food
- went on a hike up Rainbow Mountain
- made a playlist to listen to of all the music we liked in high school
- met up with old friends
- went to a swanky lounge with live music
- watched all of The OA (Alix’s first watch and my third) and contemplated the meaning of everything.
- cooked live on Facebook and made delicious pie and disastrous cookies (watch below!)
- laughed, smiled, hugged, and cried
I wish I could see Alix every day or at least every weekend, but we make the most of the moments we get and cherish them.
We are making some pie and cookies! Come watch us and ask us questions about veganism, vegan baking, and more! Recipes below! Chocolate Chip and Walnut Cookies 🍪: http://www.twocityvegans.com/2016/04/Walnut-chocolate-chip-cookiesPB and J Pie: http://www.twocityvegans.com/2016/11/pb-j-and-pie/
Posted by Two City Vegans on Saturday, January 21, 2017
Pin Our Vegan Buffalo Jackfruit Dip
- ⅔ cup hot sauce
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp vegan worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 can jackfruit in brine
- ½ cup buffalo sauce + 4 tbsp
- 1 8oz container of vegan cream cheese
- ¼ cup vegan ranch
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ⅓ cup vegan cheese shreds + more for topping.
- To make the sauce, simmer all the ingredients on medium until the butter melts and it all combines. Remove from stove and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit. Chop off the center core portion of the fruit and discard. The core doesn't shred.
- Using your hands, shred the jackfruit. See photo in post.
- Heat the jackfruit in a large pan with 4 tbsp of the buffalo sauce until it becomes colorful and some pieces begin to crisp.
- Combine the jackfruit in a mixing bowl along with the rest of the ingredients and transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes and let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Use pretzels, celery, carrots, crackers, or chips to dip with!