Our crispy crunchy baked tofu is the perfect snack, wrap filling, or salad topper. These little nuggets are protein rich plus they taste super yummy. They are baked in a mixture of crispy bread crumbs and seasonings like paprika and nutritional yeast. Plus it’s super easy to make!
This is the first official recipe I’ve developed in our new place! I’ll post photos soon. I was going to try to with this recipe, but ended up not happening, but we love it! We are just a few blocks from one of Minneapolis’s gorgeous lakes, and we’re loving being able to walk on over and enjoy the water (even if it’s currently frozen). These crispy baked popcorn tofu bites would be perfect to take in a wrap to a picnic on the lake once it’s warm enough, which will hopefully be sooner rather than later!
WE’D LOVE TO CHAT WITH YOU! 🙂
We get so excited when people make our food because there’s no better way to show people how great vegan food is other than eating the hell out of something delicious and cruelty free. If you make our recipes, take a photo, tag us, and use #twocityvegans so we can drool over your pics. Seriously, do it! You may see yourself in our newsletter, which you should sign up for here!
Also, you can say hello and chat with us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! We have recently started posting what we eat in a day on our Instagram Stories, so make sure you follow us there, and we’ve recently gotten into doing Live Facebook Video!
- 1 block extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Press and drain your tofu by wrapping in a towel and slowly squeezing the excess water out of the block.
- Cut the tofu into bite sized pieces.
- Mix together the bread crumbs and spices.
- Set up the milk, flour, and bread crumbs.
- Dip each piece of tofu in the milk.
- Coat in the flour on both sides
- Toss in the bread crumbs, pressing down into the mixture if it's not sticking.
- Place them onto a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with vegan ranch, honey mustard, or your favorite dipping sauce. Also great in wraps!