Donuts are such a comfort food and help satisfy our sweet tooth. But sometimes you just want something more savory. I posted a status on my personal Facebook asking for flavor combination ideas and this duo won. Our Baked Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Donuts are warm, fragrant, and flavorful. Eat them as as breakfast item or dip them in some warm tomato soup at lunch! Melt some dairy free cheese on top even. These donuts are slightly sweet thanks to the maple syrup but the nutritional yeast, basil, and sun dried tomato give it that perfect savory flavor and we’ll guarantee you will want more than one!
J. Selby’s Update
Today I went with Laura of One Girl Two Cities to check in on the progress at J. Selby’s and the place is really coming along. The gorgeous flooring was in today and we got to try their ice cream which is incredible as is their kombucha! Laura also loved the cold press coffee on tap. I tried it, and while I despise coffee, it definitely had a really unique flavor! I can’t wait for it to open!
WE’D LOVE TO CHAT WITH YOU! 🙂
We get so excited when people make our food because there’s no better way to show people how great vegan food is other than eating the hell out of something delicious and cruelty free. If you make our recipes, take a photo, tag us, and use #twocityvegans so we can drool over your pics. Seriously, do it! You may see yourself in our newsletter, which you should sign up for here!
Also, you can say hello and chat with us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! We have recently started posting what we eat in a day on our Instagram Stories, so make sure you follow us there, and we’ve recently gotten into doing Live Facebook Video!
Pin Our Baked Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Donuts
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ cup maple syrup or other sweetener
- ½ cup soy milk
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- ½ cup finely chopped basil
- ½ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a donut pan with oil or vegan butter
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- In small pan heat together the syrup, vegan butter, and soy milk until the butter melts.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry until you have a sticky dough.
- Spoon about 1½ tablespoons to 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each donut ring.
- Bake for ten minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.