Growing up, I remember always loving those soft and chewy Nutri-Grain bars that came in those shiny wrappers. They usually had some sort of a fruit filling, and were often meant to be a healthy snack. While they might be it’s always wonderful to make your own bars because you’ll know exactly what’s in them. Our Soft and Chewy Chocolate Oatmeal Breakfast Bars are the perfect alternative to those other granola bars.
- Protein rich thanks to hemp seeds, pecans, and peanut butter
- Customizable to what you have in your pantry
- Delicious warm out of the oven or cold from the fridge
WE’D LOVE TO CHAT WITH YOU! 🙂
We get so excited when people make our food because there’s no better way to show people how great vegan food is other than eating the hell out of something delicious and cruelty free. If you make our recipes, take a photo, tag us, and use #twocityvegans so we can drool over your pics. Seriously, do it! You may see yourself in our newsletter, which you should sign up for here!
Also, you can say hello and chat with us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! We have recently started posting what we eat in a day on our Instagram Stories, so make sure you follow us there, and we’ve recently gotten into doing Live Facebook Video!
Pin Our Chewy Chocolate Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- 3 heaping tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup cranberries or raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Put the mixture onto a shallow baking sheet and flatten them out so they're about half an inch thick.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let them set to cool.
- Slice into bars or bites and enjoy.