Friday is my day off from my 9-5 job (actually an 8-6) at the animal clinic I work at but it’s usually not a day off as I spend much of the time working here, on Two City Vegans! Today I had the idea to do lettuce wraps – something lighter and healthy, but I had the crazy idea to make them Southern style and the flavors of BBQ entered my head – tangy, spicy, bursting with flavor.
I told Alix this, and she suggested a golden BBQ sauce with a base of mustard instead of ketchup, and here we are with our Golden BBQ Tempeh and Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps. These guys are not only delicious but drop dead gorgeous, too thanks to the vibrant purple of the cauliflower, the golden hues of the sauce, and the bright green of the lettuce. You should always eat a rainbow, and this dish has a little bit of everything. Now, I will stop with the text and go on to show you how beautiful this dish is and let you get into the simplicity and healthiness of the recipe!
Food Porn: Golden BBQ Tempeh and Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps
WE’D LOVE TO CHAT WITH YOU! 🙂
We get so excited when people make our food because there’s no better way to show people how great vegan food is other than eating the hell out of something delicious and cruelty free. If you make our recipes, take a photo, tag us, and use #twocityvegans so we can drool over your pics. Seriously, do it! You may see yourself in our newsletter, which you should sign up for here!
Also, you can say hello and chat with us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! We have recently started posting what we eat in a day on our Instagram Stories, so make sure you follow us there, and we’ve recently gotten into doing Live Facebook Video!
Pin Our Golden BBQ Tempeh and Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps
- 1 head of cauliflower, diced
- 1 8 oz package of tempeh, diced
- 1 cup of german mustard
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp vegan worcester sauce
- 1-2 heads of romaine lettuce
- Make the sauce by combining all the ingredients except the cauliflower and tempeh and let it set while you dice the cauliflower and tempeh.
- Heat a large pan and put the tempeh and cauliflower in it with a little water. Heat for about 5 minutes and then add a third of the sauce in and cook until all of it is warm.
- Serve on fresh romaine lettuce and pour extra bbq sauce on top.