Things are heating up! Our Crispy Tofu Fries with Miso Cheese are a delicious and easy recipe! They are baked, so no oil is needed but they are still super crispy. The miso cheese sauce comes together quickly and easily and makes dipping these crispy tofu fries a fun finger food great for kids, adults, and everyone in between. They’re great as a snack, in a sushi bowl, paired with our black bean quinoa burgers. Or whatever your heart desires!
We used Wildwood Tofu because it doesn’t really need to be pressed too much as it doesn’t come in water. Plus it’s organic! Zach and I enjoyed these with chili powder, nooch, and minced dandelion greens on top. Also delicious would be sriracha or kim chi! When you make it, it’s your call, so top it with whatever you would like!
We even made a video! Check it out here:
Pin Our Crispy Miso Tofu Fries
CONNECT WITH US! 🙂
We get so excited when people make our food because there’s no better way to show people how great vegan food is other than eating the hell out of something delicious and cruelty free. If you make our recipes, take a photo, tag us, and use #twocityvegans so we can drool over your pics. Seriously, do it! You may see yourself in our newsletter, which you should sign up for here!
Also, you can say hello and chat with us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! We share what we eat in a day, behind the scenes, and daily going ons on our Instagram Stories, so make sure you follow us there, and we’ve recently gotten into doing Live Facebook Video for Grocery Hauls, somecooking demos, and more!
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 1 cup of panko
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 3 tsp of nutritional yeast
- 1 cup of almond milk
- ½ tsp of togarashi (optional)
- ½ cup of cashews, soaked
- 1 tbsp of miso paste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of tahini
- ¼ cup of nutritional yeast
- ½ cup of water
- Press the tofu to get all of the water out of it
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Slice the tofu into fry sized pieces
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix the panko, cornstarch, nutritional yeast, pepper, salt, and togarashi if using on a plate
- Dip the tofu in the milk and roll it into the bread crumb mixture making sure that each piece is completely covered. It helps to press the mixture into the tofu.
- Place the tofu on the pan and bake for 30 min.
- Soak the cashews in hot water while you are preparing the tofu to bake.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the cashews, miso paste, tahini, water, nutritional yeast, and garlic.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Top your fries with the cheese, nooch, chili pepper, and cilantro!